Usually, the food poisoning is due to viruses, bacteria you consume through your food. Symptoms of food poisoning may include things like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or cramping and watery or bloody diarrhea. It takes times to get cure from food poisoning.
Taking right and healthy nutrition may help you recover faster from food poisoning.
1. Drink plenty of liquids and fluids
As there is frequent vomiting and diarrhea, your body loses fluids which will results in dehydration. Drink as much liquid as possible you can to replace lost fluids. If you find it difficult to drink a lot, take several small sips frequently.
2. Drink a rehydration fluids
To make your own rehydration fluid, mix 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 4 tablespoons of sugar into 4 1/4 cups (or 1 litre) of water. Stir until the ingredients are dissolved before drinking. This helps you replace minerals and nutrients that your body is losing through vomiting and diarrhea.
Fruit juice and coconut water can restore carbohydrates and help with fatigue.
Whenever your body needs electrolyte, I always recommend to drink Johnson’s ORSL Apple Drink. This taste good and full of electrolyte and Vitamin C(which are generally lost during vomiting, diarrhea).
3. Avoid eating these food.
- dairy products, especially milk and cheeses
- fatty foods
- highly seasoned foods
- food with high sugar content
- spicy foods
- fried foods
- caffeinated drinks
- alcohol and nicotine
4. Avoid foods that can trigger nausea or vomiting.
You should also cut out high-fiber foods that can also be tough on your stomach. Chances are these won’t sound appealing if you already have food poisoning, but take care to avoid spicy or fatty foods which can be difficult for you to digest.
5. Take proper rest.
Rest is the most important part as you lose fluids.
6. Eat these foods.
- Yogurt- The yogurt contains proteins which will help stabilize blood sugar and prevent energy-sucking crashes. Yoghurt will also help you feel stronger.
- Smoothies- Go for smoothies made with fruit, nut butters and soy milk. This will help your body because of their high-protein nature despite being quite nutritious as they are low in fiber and lactose which also makes them easy to digest.
- Something bland.
These tips helps you recover fast.