Blood pressure fluctuates in the body depending on situation, ages, disease, drugs and food we eat. Blood pressure tend to increase with the age, during pregnancy, stress and in obese people especially who smoke, consume alcohol and too much salt. In the same manner, low blood pressure occurs with the dehydration and also due to some drugs. High blood pressure is one of the common problem people are suffering from. High blood pressure symptoms include a headache, chest pain and tiredness. As hypertension does not have specific symptoms they are easy to miss. The only way of knowing if you are having blood pressure is to get it checked/ Blood pressure monitoring.
- All adults over the age of 40 years who are not already suffering from hypertension should get their blood pressure checked every year.
- If you are suffering from hypertension, you should get your blood pressure checked monthly.
- If you are hypertensive and facing symptoms, you should get it checked
- Whenever you feel you are facing symptoms.
- Once every three months.
What should you avoid get accurate blood pressure?
As we already know blood pressure is affected by many circumstances. For accurate blood pressure monitoring you should avoid these.
- Avoid Caffeine –No caffeine for half an hour before measuring is best.
- Tobacco – If you can stop altogether, your heart will thank you. Otherwise, avoid for thirty minutes before you take a measurement.
- Exercise – Avoid exercise for at least half an hour prior to blood pressure readings.
- Medication – For an accurate reading, you should have as little medication in your blood as possible. So that you come to know natural blood pressure.
- Cold Temperatures – Your heart works hard to keep you warm in a cold temperature. Get to a comfortable temperature before measuring.