India has almost everything. India is a huge country with the second highest population in the world. It has many incredible sights to visit including Taj Mahal. It is full of culture and nature. To the north, there are the Himalayas. To the south, beaches. To the west, desert. And to the east, dense forestation. That is why you face many climate changes when you visit India. Hence, chances of getting ill increases. India has received a lot of negative publicity recently in regards to health conditions. But you can travel healthy while in India while knowing little more about India.
Health conditions in India
As India is a developing country and has the huge population, you are at high risk of getting infectious diseases. Poor sanitation method and less availability of safe drinking water ruin the condition more.
Some vaccines are recommended or required for India like Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Rabies. Read full the list here.
Mosquito-borne disease like Malaria, Dengue is also prevalent in India. Always carry mosquito repellent when traveling in India especially in rural areas.
Unsafe drinking water and different food habits may cause diarrhea(Traveller’s Diarrhoea) in most of the people. Few precautions can help you to avoid diarrhea.
- Avoid risky eating– Be smart about where and what you eat. Street carts may not be the best place to grab a snack, but you also don’t need to only eat packaged foods. Use good judgment to decide where would be best to chow down.
- Watch what you drink– Indian water can be contaminated with bacteria and other biologic that could cause traveler’s diarrhea. Be sure anything you drink is clean. If at a restaurant, do not drink anything with ice as it is likely made from unclean water. Never drink tap water.
- Carry Eureka Forbes Aquaguard Personal Purifier Bottle, which is handy and affordable portable filter. This is a soft squeeze bottle with see through water level indicator & dust cap. BPA free, non-toxic plastic bottle with antimicrobial properties. This filter removes 99.9% bacteria & virus while you are on trip. Its cartridge has life upto 600 fills. This is must carry to places you don’t get good quality of water.
- Carry anti-diarrheal medicines.
As India is a developing country, You will see many constructing sites. Hence, it is full of dirt and smog. Always keep a mask with yourself.
Climate situation in India
India is generally classified as a hot tropical country, except for the Himalayan north. The country has three distinct seasons:
- Summer (March to June)– Indian summers are very hot. Temperatures often climb to over 110 degrees.
- Monsoon (July to August)– The rainy season brings thunderstorms and heavy rains. These sometimes cause flooding or other damage. Bring an umbrella and be sure to take other precautions.
- Winter (October to February)– Winter temperatures are generally mild. Except in the northern regions where they will dip to near or below freezing. Remember, the higher into the mountains you go, the chillier it will get.
What prevention you should take when visiting different cities of India?
As every city of India has something different and especially about itself. Know how to take care of your health in the most famous cities of India.
Howrah bridge and Victoria Memorial are the most famous places in Kolkata. There is not much winter season in Kolkata. Summers are hot and humid. Whenever I visit Kolkata I always get fed up with excessive sweat and lethargy due to humidity. Keep hydrated yourself as much as possible.
Delhi is the capital of India and full of countless monuments, cafes. Delhi sees the variation in climate. It has relatively dry short winters and has a prolonged spell of scorching weather. Due to hot season, it is full of dust in environment. Always carry mask with you when going out in Delhi.
OxiClear Pollution Mask
Oxiclear Pollution Mask Are Widely Used In Urban Environments Due To The High Levels Of Air Pollution.It gives rotection From Pm 2.5 Particles, Pollen, Bacteria, Smoke & Dust. Protect Your Lungs From Ailments Caused By Particles That Penetrate And Cause Devastating Consequences. It has Adjustable Noseband & Earloops – Oxiclear Pollution Mask Are Cut In A Unique 3D Shape To Assure A Perfect Fit. With An Adjustable Noseband & Ear-Loops, This Mask Is Designed To Be A One Size Fit All And Everyone Can Find A Comfortable & Snug Fit.
Agra has the “Taj Mahal”, one of the seven wonders of the world. Agra is very near to Delhi. That is why climate conditions are very similar to Delhi.
Jaipur the “pink city” is full of culture and monuments. As it is very near to desert, days are hotter and nights are cooler.
The best time to visit Jaipur is November to December due to mild and pleasant, with average temperatures.
Mumbai’s climate can be best described as moderately hot with high level of humidity. Its coastal nature and tropical location ensures temperatures won’t fluctuate much throughout the year. It does not face winters much. Always carry an Umbrella while travelling in Mumbai and also be prepared for Mumbai’s heavy traffic.
Whenever you travel outside your own country always get travel insurance done in advance. As you don’t know the health situation and expenses in a new country.