Women life changes a lot at every event of the life. From child to teenager, teenager to adult, unmarried to married women and from wife to a mother. A child is the most important part of a life of a mother. A women has to sacrifice a lot for her child both on physical and emotional aspect. Emotionally you need more support of your husband and other family member. Here we are going to tell you problems you may suffer after your baby and their solution.
Blood pressure rises in many pregnant women especially in mother who are carrying multiples, first time moms, pregnancy at early or old age which is known as Gestational hypertension. In most of the cases, the hypertension get cures it self after childbirth. In rare cases, hypertension may continue.
This type of hypertension should be treated as normal hypertension only.
First, you should know what is the main cause behind you hypertension. Is it pregnancy or any other cause. To know what else can causes high blood pressure. Click here.
Now treatment depends upon the severity of your hypertension. If it is lower than 150/100mmHg, this can be cured by natural methods and if your blood pressure is more than 150/100mmHg. You need to take your doctor advice or you can consult with us.
Natural ways to normalise your blood pressure are:
- Walk and exercise regularly.
- Eat food that helps to maintain your blood pressure.
- Quit smoking.
- Try meditation and deep breathing. This may activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps slow your heart rate and lower blood pressure.
2. Hair loss
Pregnancy, breastfeeding alters the hormones level in your body. During pregnancy, your hair growth increases due to better nutrition and blood supply.Either hair becomes much thicker or they would normally have stopped fallen out. As said by our parents, mother hairs starts falling when your child starts babbling. That is about three months following delivery, your hair will start falling out. Take care of your hair and treat it gently while you wait for your normal hair growth to return. Things you can do cope up with hair fall.
- Avoid using a brush or comb that pulls or stresses the hair.
- After pregnancy, get good massage of head and hair with olive or coconut oil.
- Try a new haircut.
- Eat diet full of protein and iron.
3. Weight gain
Normally, A woman should lose some weight after delivery as baby is no more inside you. But most of the Women tends to gain more weight after the in spite of increased physical activity and breastfeeding. Reason behind this can be sleepless nights, hypothyroidism and stress. Stress hormones can promote weight gain, and women are more likely to eat more when they are stressed.
Also, most of the women tend to eat for two as they are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding exclusively uses up about 500 calories a day. If you’re eating nutritious food and drinking lots of low or no-calorie fluids, you don’t need to add these calories if you’re already holding extra weight. Eat well, but not for two.
Tips to lose weight after pregnancy.
- Eat food that are high in fibre. It will help in many ways such as constipation, piles and weight loss.
- Eat healthy protein such as eggs, beans, legumes and dairy products. Protein supports weight loss by boosting your metabolism, increasing feelings of fullness and reducing appetite.
- Due to breastfeeding, You may feel hungry every alternate hour. By stocking up on healthy snacks like nuts, fruit and yogurt, you can ensure you have something close at hand if you are feeling hungry.
- Avoid highly processed foods, sugar and refined carbs.
- Start exercising. After delivery, your pelvic and stomach areas need time to heal, especially if you have had a cesarean section birth. That is why 3 months rest is given to women after pregnancy. But after your relaxing period, start exercising. Do not start directly with gym rather opt for walk, yoga and aerobic exercise.
Drinking enough water is vital for anyone trying to lose weight. Also, For breastfeeding women, staying hydrated is particularly important to replace fluids lost through milk production.
Get enough sleep. Poor sleep can negatively impact your weight loss efforts. Although it is difficult with a newborn, try to get as much sleep as you can and ask for help when you need it.
Belly fat or pouch-like area near your belly is extremely difficult to get rid of after the delivery especially the C-section. First of all, be sure to wait at least six to eight weeks before beginning to ensure proper healing of your stomach and uterus.
- Breastfeed to lose some extra calories.
- Try yoga poses such as Bhujanga Asana, Pranayama and Suryanamaskar.
- Do planks. Unlike crunching exercises that repeatedly cause the split abdominal muscles to contract, planks offer constant resistance with minimal movement. Start out with 2 plank sets at 30 seconds each and work up from there. This is great for weak stomach.
- Do kegels. Kegels is done to strengthen your pelvic floor. Pregnancy puts a lot of pressure on this muscle due to the added weight you were carrying around. In this exercise, you tighten your pelvic floor for 5-10 seconds as you breath in and release as you breath out. Never done Kegels? Don’t worry. All you have to do is tighten your muscles like you would if you were trying to hold in your pee.
- Do pelvic tilts. Lie on your back, with your knees bent. Slowly engage your deep core muscles to tilt your pelvis slightly up and back. To pull in, you’ll flatten your back against the floor, tightening your abdominals and slightly raising your rear as you pull your pelvis up. Hold for 10 seconds. Then relax again.
- Use postpartum support belt. Using a postpartum support belt can prove extremely good in treating flabby stomach. Using postpartum support belt helps to tighten the abdominal muscles, thus, reducing the stomach fat and also reducing the back pain. The postpartum belt is preferable to reduce tummy after cesarean delivery. This is especially good for those who went through C-section. Make sure that you use the belt only after 2 months after the delivery. You should remove the belt while eating and sleeping.
You can buy this on Amazon as well. This tighten and flatten your postpartum belly and recovery your pelvis. This one is comfortable to wear,fine texture,high elasticity. It is also thin, light, flexible,breathable and durable,Invisible under clothing.
Your thyroid function may be altered after having a baby due to hormonal changes. Symptoms faced are decreased milk volume in breastfeeding women, hair loss, fatigue, depression, anxiety, and moodiness. Thyroid should be treated by proper medication. You can get complete cure of hypothyroidism by homeopathy. To book appointment with us click here.
Around 50% of women suffer from back pain after child delivery. Reason can be these:
- Progesterone and relaxin hormones are released during pregnancy to loosen the ligaments and joints of the pelvic bone to help the baby come out with ease The weak ligaments and muscles lead to back pain. These hormones stay raised for a few months post delivery.
- Weight gain puts extra pressure on your back.
- Increased physical work especially like bending may increase the pain.
- The delivery process stresses the lower back, and it takes time to recover.
- Having a wrong posture, especially while breastfeeding, can strain the muscles, causing backache.
So, if you are facing pain in back after baby. These tips are going to help you definitely.
- Maintain weight to avoid extra stress on back.
- Take rest as much as possible as strenuous physical activities will aggravate your pain.
- Do not lift heavy things after delivery as it can put pressure on your muscles and joints.
- Avoid leaning towards your baby while breastfeeding and instead sit with an upright back. If you have pain in your shoulder or upper back while breastfeeding, then lie on your side to feed your baby comfortably.
- Avoid wearing high-heel footwear for a few months after delivery.
- Take vitamin D supplements.
6. Dull skin
Although looking after a new baby is an amazingly rewarding job, but it’s also a tough one. It is hard to care your skin during this busy schedule. Caring for skin will be included in above such as :
- Get enough sleep
- Stay hydrated
- Take vitamin Supplements
- Eat protein rich diet
- Ajwain or carom seeds water is often suggested to women who’ve just had a baby as it helps in cleaning out toxins from the uterus and it also aids in digestion. It also helps in weight loss.