Scariest Medical Mistakes!!!

Anyone can make a mistake. Some can be forgiven, but some are hard to digest. Medical mistakes are one of the hardest mistake to digest. And these mistakes make hospital sometimes the scariest place. Obviously, we need the hospital, whenever there is something wrong with our body, we require hospital and doctors, and they fix it in the most cases. Hence, considered as god. But,sometimes they mess up, and they mess up badly.

The medical mistakes/ medical errors are the one of the leading cause of death in the world. Medical mistakes come at the third leading cause of death in US after being heart disease and cancer in the first two positions respectively. Researchers said at least 1 in 4 would face a mistake during their hospital stay.

In the world, there are many medical mistake cases. Here we represent you the some creepiest medical error.

Death from an MRI(Magnetic resonance imaging)MRI

MRI is a test procedure in which massive magnetic tubes are used. You go inside the machine, and you can not move.

Now imagine, if any metal is placed near this huge and strong magnet, the magnet can attract that metal and can collapse. It is always advised to keep all the metals out of MRI room. What if you forget your keys in a pocket, any metal implants in the body can be the scariest thing. Obviously, hospitals take precautions as much as they can but sometimes mistakes do happen.

In 2001, in a Newyork hospital, boy, Michael Colombini was in the scan. A nurse suddenly walked into the room with a large oxygen tank. The tank is drawn into the machine by its magnetic field and stuck in Michael’s head. This killed him instantly. The medical mistake death. The hospital paid $2.9M to his family as fine, but nothing can combat a life.

Accidents by Plastic Surgery

Now and then, we come to know about plastic surgeries. People go for it to look like someone else. People want to change themselves beyond the recognition; they want the perfect teeth, cheeks and body. Sometimes they get it done correctly but sometimes they can go far and everything goes dark.

A woman went for eyelid surgery for looking younger and end up with not able to open eyes fully.Medical mistake

Former beauty queen, Solange Magnano, she got her butt injected to make them look bigger. Some kind of matter travel through injection to her body and she died.

Alexander Baez, A male model, went for surgery of a chest tumour, and he was given two female breasts by a fake Dr Reinaldo. The police department said – “It was a butcher job you wouldn’t want to have happened to your dog. This Dr. ran away from the town as after this many people blamed him for bad surgeries and treatment. Later on. Reinaldo was put in jail at least for 7 years.

Retained Surgical Items

A study said from 2005 to 2012 alone, there were more than 700 cases of foreign objects left in the patients. Scissors, Scalpel, Sponges and many more things are left.Retained product

A guy got a surgery done for stomach cancer, and doctors left a 14-inch big tool inside him and this got removed when he collapsed many times after surgery.

A lady got $2.5M from a hospital as they left a sponge inside her and this made her handicapped for her whole life.

 

Very rarely, internal surgical fires can also occur during surgery. During an incident like this, a girl lost her eye and also got burnt blister around her face.

Yes, mishappening occurs but in most cases doctor is the one who saves you. Respect them and talk to them if you any fear/ phobias.

Avatar

Dr. Shivani Aggarwal

I am a homoeopathic physician. My writing is based on my findings as i am eager to spread the word about how people can improve the way they live. I also write blog on how to travel safely around the world. My main objective is to discover how to live a more natural and holistic life, particularly in an ever-changing modern world.

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment